The University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) at Fort Worth, Student Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives/College of Osteopathic Healthcare Executives, also known as the Association, is committed to achieving excellence through its programs in career development, member education, recruitment, and community service. The Association maintains a working relationship with other student organizations on campus in achieving its mission. The Association has a special mission to meet the needs of the individuals in the medical, public health, and graduate programs, as well as the medical community as a whole.
In order to achieve the following goals, the Association is maintaining affiliations with the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and the College of Osteopathic Healthcare Executives (COHE).
Goal 1: Career Development
- To provide public health students of UNT Health Science Center with networking opportunities through an educational forum with the faculty and local healthcare executives.
- To foster an environment in which medical students can nurture their common interest in future careers as physician executives.
- To facilitate the placement of the graduating students within their particular areas of interest.
Goal 2: Member Education
- To educate the medical students at UNT Health Science Center about the future trends of healthcare management and how it will affect the physician's medical practice.
- To keep all members up to date on the changes in the field of healthcare, and to help them prepare for an active role in the future of healthcare administration.
- To aid the members in maintaining a positive and proactive stance regarding coming changes in the healthcare system.
Goal 3: Recruitment
- To provide the opportunity for health systems of the Metroplex to recruit the graduating UNTHSC public health professionals through participation in the organization's activities, services, and events.
- To offer medical students more exposure to the local hospitals by informing them of career opportunities within the healthcare network.
Goal 4: Community Service
- To provide local teachers with guest speakers who are qualified to educate students about medicine and significant healthcare topics.
- To encourage members to serve as role models for minority or underprivileged K-12 students through the organization's guest speaker program and other activities.